Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled is currently working on a cutting edge disability-friendly residential school which is under construction. The school is being constructed in an area of 48,000 Square feet in HSR Layout, Bangalore and the land has been allotted by the Government of Karnataka. The key features of the building include complete accessibility to address needs of all disabilities, ultramodern infrastructure with accessible assistive technology, auditorium with meditation hall, yoga centre, gymnasium and therapy rooms and a hostel for boys.
Features of Samarthanam Residential School:
- A 100% disabled friendly school with best infrastructure, technology and facilities.
- Can operate and cater to more than 700 students with disabilities and those from underprivileged backgrounds.
- Special facilities include a meditation hall, recreation facilities, yoga, gymnasium, computer lab etc.
- Spacious classrooms with state of the art teaching learning aids.
- Improved physical environment - lighting and paint schemes to help students with visual impairments.
- Lifts and ramps to help students with mobility challenges.
- Sign boards to help students with hearing impairments.
- Teaching learning materials made available in accessible formats.
- Provision of Assistive Technology like Interactive keyboards, screen reading software etc.